And versatile. Small with big ideas. Flexible to fit perfectly.
What We Do
Powers Hill Design, LLC (PHD) was established in 2005 and is located in Memphis, Tennessee. PHD is a "boutique" civil engineering firm providing a highly personalized environment for our clients. We design with a heart for our community and an eye on innovation. We embrace the role of advocate for our community and have a vested interest in its success.
Services provided for public and private sector clients include:
- Site Development
- Environmental Documentation
- Public/Stakeholder Engagement
- Construction Engineering Inspection (CEI)
PHD has diligently nurtured relationships with our Clients & Partners, and a few are listed below:
- Askew Nexon Ferguson Architects
- Burr & Cole Consulting Engineers, Inc.
- CDM Smith
- City of Memphis
- Fleming Architects
- Fisher & Arnold, Inc.
- IHS Global Insight
- Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc.
- Kiewit Powers Constructors Co.
- LRK, Inc.
- Lauderdale Greenlaw, LLC (JV of Henry Turley Co. and Belz Enterprises)
- Memphis Shelby County Airport Authority
- Memphis Area Transit Authority
- Neel-Schaffer, Inc.
- O. T. Marshall Architects
- Shelby County Government
- SSR, Inc.
- Tennessee Department of Transportation
- Town of Arlington
- University of Memphis
We are also certified by the following agencies:
- Small Business Administration: 8(a)
- State of Tennessee: Minority Owned Business
- Tennessee Department of Transporation: Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- Uniform Certification Agency: Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- City of Memphis: Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Shelby County Government: Locally Owned Small Business (LOSB)